Wednesday, August 09, 2006


Spithope One. Let's call it that. The left hand component of the Triptych. Spithope (pron: spit-hope) is a remote small valley running fron the Anglo-Scottish border southwards into Redesdale. It is a rather remote spot.
Here we can see where only line has been used. Some might argue that line only is the purest form of drawing. Here the foreground trees and the ground itself is shown in contour. Tone only occours as a backdrop. At full size this image is 42 cms square as are the other two which I shall post later.
This finished work was made in the studio but I did spend a couple of hours doing the preliminary sketches getting a sore bum from sitting on a rock and being eaten alive by midges. Who says I don't suffer for my art?
And yes I did take a few photos as well.

No comments: