Saturday, August 05, 2006

Back in November 2004 I went on a Mediteranean cruise and had the good fortune to have a cabin almost at sea level. We would set sail from whichever harbour we had visited that day and I would sit in my cabin watching the sea go by in the fading light. Eventually the light would become monochrome. This gave excellent opportunities for black and white drawing. I would fill page after page of my sketchbook until the light failed completely. This image is of a large (A2) drawing I did in the studio from these sketches.As this was a sailing ship, the Windsurf, there was no disturbance of the waves, therefore no bow wave and very little wake. Just the endless rolling sea. There's something eternal about the sea; so vast. Two thirds of the planet's surface is covered by it. Thats a whole lot of sea.

1 comment:

The Draughtsman said...

Thank YOU Nickola.