Sunday, January 27, 2008

Having moved into new premises I have been sorting out some older work including life drawings. It is hoped that at some time in the not too distant future we may start life-drawing sessions again at Luneside, but not just yet. We still have a lot to do just getting the place straight.
This drawing, done in .35 mm micro-pencil on lightweight (90 gsm) paper, - layout paper, - was done some four years or so ago at one of our sessions. I drew it on an A2 sized sheet but cropped it down to 42 x 32 cms.
Sometimes it is a useful exercise to limit the means of drawing and to work with a set set of rules. The equipment I used is more compatible with a tight drawing technique and by extension, drew the floor texture with a straight edge. Definitely borrowed from technical drawing.
And yet...
I think I still ended up with a fre-flowing feminine form. Within the above mentioned constraints one still has to draw what is really there.

No comments: