Saturday, March 31, 2018

From Previous Sketchbooks (1)

I've  been looking through some old sketchbooks. Its really surprising the little gems that turn up in them. At some of them I catch myself saying "I can't remember being that good back then." But there you go, even surprised myself. Sketchbooks are by their very nature, a collection of the the good, the bad, and the ugly. Memories are evoked here; times in glorious sunshine or pouring rain. Lovely warm days and others where my hands are frozen into unfeeling claws. The next few blog entries will show some of them.

Let's start back in 1999....
 Plover Scar Lighthouse on the Lune Estuary.
 The Lune Estuary looking across towards Black Combe Fell across Morecambe Bay.
 Northumberland Forest Park.
 Staffa and Mull in the Western Isles.
A wet day on Mull but working in the comfort of a holiday cottage.

No comments: