Wednesday, November 14, 2007



Life drawing in Larnaka. I don't normally show my life drawings but this at least illustrates some of the wide ranging activities that take place at CYCA.

"Life Drawing is the last bastion of bourgiose art," I once heard quoted. Sorry but I strongly disagree. I have written my opinions on the other blog which you can see here.

Just as a matter of interest, I used the cloth the model was sitting on for my key refence points and one of the vertical folds as a proportion measuring tool instead of the model's head as a standard unit as is the norm. See Euan Uglow's work to see what I mean.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi dad! See, I do visit. I don't always understand these ones though because you talk about the art, and there's no piccy to see. Unless my pooter's glitched. There's another post below with the same problem.

I do like draughtsman though. I like a lot of the stuff on here. More "you". Love, Cx

The Draughtsman said...

Cheers Cath. Actually there ARE piccys on here. That's the whole point.

Anonymous said...

Sunday Nov 11th - Sleeping Amazon - no picture. Sunday Sept 23rd - no picture. The rest are there. Those two are not. Yet you refer to a picture eg "An exercise in line only drawing. This is one of several pieces..." It isn't there.
Obviously I could see some piccies cos I said I like the stuff you do on here! Just not all the piccies you refer to are there.

This has happened in your last post on Thole Man also - the first picture there, but the second one you refer to is not.

Just trying to help. Don't make sense y'see! Cx

Anonymous said...

Cancel that. Sleeping Amazon and t'other one have just appeared. dunno why they weren't there before. Cx